Thinking of getting a website?
These days a website is essential for even the smallest of businesses, because the internet is often the first place people will think to look for something.
I can create a website to suit your business, ranging from a simple single-page site with fixed content, all the way up to a 20 page site that you can easily edit yourself.
As standard all my websites:
- Are competively priced, with a free quote based upon your particular needs.
- Are discussed with you in Plain English, where possible! You don't need to be tech-savy to have a website.
- Work well on mobiles (smartphones), yet also look great on large screens used by computers.
- Print out well on a printer, which is something often overlooked by other web designers (even though potential customers may try to print one of your web pages for use later).
- Come with basic Search Engine Optimision (SEO) built-in, so that Google won't 'ignore' you (just because it's hard for their computers to understand what your website is about).
- Tell Google where you are based, or what area you cover, so that you are more likely to get customers from your local area.
- Work fine on older computers (that are still fairly common), as well as new ones. Some web designers love to rely on the latest fancy features, even though this may render your website unusable for potential customers with older computers.
- Are owned by you, not me! Beware bad web designers, who keep your site in their name, and then later disappear without paying the annual bill (potentially allowing someone else to semi-legally 'steal' your website & hold it for ransom).
- Do not have advertising on them! Why cut costs, at the expense of driving away potential customers?
Some of the optional extras that I can provide:
- The ability to easily edit your own website, as often as you want, without having to pay me to make changes. This works in a similar fashion to a wordprocessor like Microsoft Word.
- Enhanced SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), to raise your profile on Google, by using carefully chosen words & phrases that your customers are most likely to use when searching for you.
Give me a call today, and I'll be happy to discuss what kind of website would be best for you.
Extra information that may be helpful
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is more of an art than a science, as Google is very secretive about precisely how they rate websites, so results will vary. Beware anyone who promises to put you at the very top of Google's search results. They might simply pay Google to briefly advertise your site, which to the untrained eye will look like you got what they promised (but it won't last long without more payments). Or they might try tricking Google, which if detected, Google would heavily punish you for (perhaps removing you from their search results altogether).